[mythtv-users] Mythstream Tips Tricks

Jonathan Watmough jonathan.watmough at gmail.com
Wed May 25 17:42:12 UTC 2005

On 5/25/05, Mark H <mheg1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I dont think that Real Support is built into the
> package. Try downloading and compiling with Real
> Support built it. Make sure to read the docs on the
> mplayer site and it will be very easy. Make sure you
> have all the codecs downloaded and installed before
> you run config so it will find them all. There is a
> flag to compile in real libs. You can checkout the
> knoppmyth wiki site for a nice walkthrough.

I think I spent a lot of time looking into this on my laptop. There is a
config file that maps audio types to the appropriate library. If you are on
an x86 and it's looking for a Mac cook dll, then the config file may be
messed up.

You may need to grep on the offending file to track this down, but it is
solvable. It may have already been fixed in a later build of mplayer.

You will then need to build mplayer. This is pretty easy, as usual.

Apologies, but I don't have my laptop with me, but I think the above should
give some clues. I did get it working in the end, in this case it was a PBS
interview with Knuth that I wanted to listen to.

Jonathan