[mythtv-users] Re: [OT] *Real* High-Def TV!

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Wed May 25 18:33:40 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 21:39, Greg Grotsky wrote:
> That is horrible.  I'm planning on getting a Sammy DLP, only I'm
> planning on using the DVI.  There's no HDCP on DVI, right?  Why would
> they even bother putting a restriction like that when you can get
> around it with DVI?
>
> -Greg
>
> On 5/24/05, Thor Johnson <glassicman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Another consideration about Samsung, is iirc there was someone on this
> > list that couldn't get mythtv over the HDMI port.  After much
> > headbanging, he found that Samsung wouldn't accept HDMI without
> > HDCP...

sky tv in the UK have announced that they will be broadcasting HDTV next year
their boxes will only output HDTV on an HDCP enabled HDMI port
seeing as how you cannot get Sky without on of their own boxes it means no
HDTV myth in the UK
you ask why - because they were told to by the producers of content
--
Simon Kenyon
email:  simon at koala.ie
tel:    +353 1 805 9290