[mythtv-users] Frontend crashes when exiting Watch-TV and Watch Recording

Anthony Floyd anthonyfloyd at gmail.com
Wed May 25 04:45:50 UTC 2005

On 5/24/05, Pete Frankenberg <pete at futrix.com.au> wrote:

> I have since discovered that MythGallery does not work, and the
> MythMusic visualisations also don't work, so it does indeed sound like
> an OpenGL issue.
>
> Thank you very much for your suggestion, Taylor. I will attempt to build
> from source instead of using the binaries.

FWIW, I also have this problem.  AMD Athlon-XP 2500, NForce-2 board,
440MX video card, 1x350, 1x250, Gentoo.  My USE flags include opengl,
mmx, etc.  I also get occassional frontend crashes after exiting TV
recordings.  I don't know if it's getting more frequent, but I'd say
it happens about 30-40% of the time now.  The annoyance factor is
going up, but it hasn't affected the WAF yet.  Reviewing my use flags,
though, I see that ALSA, ARTS, and OSS are all enabled, so I'm
rebuilding now with only ALSA enabled.  We'll see how it goes.

Nice to know I'm alone though.

Cheers,