[mythtv-users] VCR video to MythTV (USB, 1394 or S-Video capture solutions)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed May 25 01:09:51 UTC 2005

Hi,
   This is what I'm trying to do right now and it would be fine with
us for recording a few tapes.

    It turned out that when I pulled the PC out to get to the back the
PVR-150 had a composite video input so I was able to hook the VCR
directly to the card and not bother with S-video. However so far I
cannot figure out how to get a connection to it.

   Can you see the compositive video input (instead of a tuner input)
when you say watch TV?

   What I tried, but it's not working, was to make a new video card
that uses the composite video 0 input as default. So far I cannot
figure out how to tell Myth to look at that. It jsut keeps looking at
the first 'card' I set up which uses the tv tuner.

   So far I haven't found any good instructions on how to set up and
use a composite video input on these Hauppage cards so I'm pretty much
just shooting in the dark here.

thanks,
Mark