[mythtv-users] PVR 350 DVD playback quality

Cenk Ozkan cenk at empyre.org
Tue May 24 22:55:28 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I am running a 0.18-1 system installed by following Jarod Wilsons
instructions on Fedora Core 3. I am nearly there with it all except for
problems with DVD playback. I am using the PVR 350 card and using its out
for everything. I have gone with Xine instead of mplayer because of dvd
menus. When I play dvd's they appear to be ok but on all fast moving scenes
the picture turns choppy and produces black bars (not sure how else to
describe it, sorry). I am using Xshm with Xine as everything else is really
slow. My PC is a P4 2.8Ghz with HT, 1 GB Ram. My ivtv drivers are 0.3.4w
from atrpms. Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if any
further info is needed.

Thanks