[mythtv-users] Mythstream Tips Tricks

Morrison, Kerry E. kerry.morrison at nmci-isf.com
Tue May 24 13:02:50 UTC 2005

I tried to install Mythstream a few weekends ago and it refused to show up in Mythtv. I followed all the instructions and kept thinking it was a plugin issue. It wasn't. My Myththemes was messed up. I cleaned and re-installed Myththemes, made the required additions to lirary.xml and media_settings.xml and it works perfectly now. Tips for getting streams. there are 2 websites I found which contain lots of international tv and radio streams. The first one http://www.vtuner.com has literally 1000's of streams. Use this link for basic instructions http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:Mp65gFdh6MAJ:mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php%3Fp%3D20239%26+mythstream&hl=en&start=8&lr=lang_en The original post on mysettopbox.tv seems to be missing. The 2nd big site is wwitv.com. It has TV sites from around the world. The trick here is-click on a link>a small popup window will open, it is an .asx file with redirect info in it. Write the name in the title bar down. Run wget http://wwitv.com/_tv/####.asx That will download the file to your Mythbox. Run vi ####.asx and the 'real' stream info is there. add it to streams.res in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/mythstream and you're done. This thing is GREAT! I've been listening to Rockland Radio for 3 days straight.

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
That way  you'll  be a mile away AND have his shoes.