[mythtv-users] X config for Samsung DLP HDTV

Bruce Pennypacker bruce at pennypacker.org
Mon May 23 22:47:44 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm building up a mythtv box using Fedora Core 3 and have a GeForce FX
5200 video adapter installed.  I have X running with a regular monitor
hooked up to the PC output and the DVI output is connected to my HDTV's
DVI input.  My TV is a Samsung HL-P4663W 46" DLP.  I can get X to
display on the tv in fairly low resolutions, like 800x600 and 400x300
but I've been completely unable to get it to run anything higher.  I've
spent some time trying the Windows PowerStrip program and also tried my
hand at using some modelines from various websites but haven't had any
luck so far.  So I figured I'd try my luck here and see if anybody might
have a working X config for this or a similar TV.  The highest
resolutions this TV supports are 1920x1080i (33.75 KHz, 60 Hz, 74.25
clock) and 1280x720p (40 KHz, 60 Hz, 74.25 clock).  Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Bruce