[mythtv-users] Fox 3 hour HD program size ?

Preston Crow pc-mythtv05 at crowcastle.net
Mon May 23 19:03:56 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 14:57, Mudit Wahal wrote:
> The file size for the 3 hour HD program recorded on Fox yesterday
> evening from 7 to 10pm? Mine is only 12GB.

> Is it recorded correctly ? Just wondering !
> Also, any command which can some how tell whats inside the
> stream/program, bitrate, frames, resolution, total time, etc without
> actually playing it ?  Something like gspot in Windows.

Yeah, I confess that I also recorded Attack of the Clones yesterday, and
I was afraid that it had messed up, as the file size is 12GB.

With HDTV, the broadcaster has a lot of control over the bitrate.  A
one-hour episode of CSI is often 8GB, so I was expecting 24GB for this
recording, but I suspect it's fine.

But you do have a good point that we could use a tool to test the
integrity of HDTV recordings.

--PC