[mythtv-users] DVB Devices

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Mon May 23 16:34:57 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 17:18 +0100, A Thomson wrote:
> > You need an appropriate permissions script in /etc/udev/permissions.d/

> And how would i go about that?
>
> I guess i would need a bash script with the chmod and chown commands in
> it,and i would need to make it executable but i've never written a script
> before.

No - if you look in that directory you should see current permissions
scriptlets, which should give you the idea.

Create a new file with appropriate style of name (number hyphen
something dot permissions) - I use
  /etc/udev/permissions.d/20-dvb.permissions

Into that put a phrase to match the devices, and set the permissions, I
have the following for the dvb device
  dvb/adapter[0-3]*/*:root:mythtv:0666

Don't edit an existing file unless you know what you are doing -
automatic updates on those files later might cause problems.

	Nigel.