[mythtv-users] Getting PVR 250 Working UK / PAL

Rowan mythtv at rowancrane.com
Mon May 23 15:19:01 UTC 2005

Hi all

Have got to that bit in Jarod's guide again that I understand least -
the installing capture card drivers.

Using Jarod's config didn't seem to work (ie didnt result in a
dev/video0 device. So i'm now using the following

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_debug=1
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1

This results in a dev/video0 device that gives me...snow. When try to go
through channels with /usr/lib/ivtv/ptune-ui.pl &
and then using mplayer to watch it, I get the occasional snatch of sound
(actual program sound, english voices, music etc) and once a cartoon
with sound flashed on and off as I was clicking through the channel drop
down list. I'm not sure if theres a lot of lag here selecting channels
or what that would account for it.

Which frequency table should I be using? Europe or Europe West (there
doesn't seem to be a specific UK entry)

This card was bought about a year ago and i've been forced to reinstall
due to a hd failure.

Anyone who can shed any light - i'd be most grateful to

TIA

RC