[mythtv-users] Re: So Close - TV-out on pvr350

Mark W. Jeanmougin markjx at gmail.com
Mon May 23 15:17:15 UTC 2005

On 5/23/05, Matt Salerno <vagabondking at gmail.com> wrote:
> I run startx
> The screen blanks out for about 10 seconds, then I get returned to the
> command prompt with  the following lines being the only errors that X
> compains about:
>
> (EE) IVTVDEV(0): FBIOBLANK: Invalid argument
> (EE) IVTVDEV(0): FBIOPAN_DISPLAY: Invalid argument
> (EE) IVTVDEV(0): FBIOBLANK: Invalid argument
>
> No, there is nothing on the TV at all.

Can you run "dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k" (from Jarrod's
guide at http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/ ) to get anything on the TV?

I had some similar weirdness getting Xorg running on my PVR-350, under
FC3.  When I switched from a USB keyboard / mouse to a PS/2 keyboard /
mouse, everything started working.

MJ