[mythtv-users] PVR-150 users - how did you do it?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun May 22 20:29:54 UTC 2005

Hi,
   I'm trying to set up a PVR-150 in a new backend machine. I use a
PVR-250 in another machine already so I have some experience in doing
this, although not a lot. How did you ge your PVR-150 to work?

1) I'm using a CVS tarbal of ivtv-0.3.3k

2) I'm running an Athlon XP machine on an NForce-2 MB using Gentoo and
trying to use udev but so far I'm not getting any /dev/v4l devices. I
didnt have to do anything to get /dev/v4l devices on our P4 backend
machine that uses the PVR-250.

3) When I first set this up yesterday I didn't get any video when
doing the simple command line test of the hardware. (cat /dev/video0 >
test.mpg and then mplayer test.mpg) However I added an option for mpeg
buffer and it started working:

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
#alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
options ivtv ivtv-debug=0 mpg_buffers=90
#options tuner type=2
#options msp3400 once=1 simple=1 debug=0
#add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
#add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

Without the options line I got no video.

   Any ideas how I can get this going?

Thanks,
Mark