[mythtv-users] Re: DVB: No sound, Can't Tune

Michael Haan michael.haan at gmail.com
Sun May 22 18:04:18 UTC 2005

On 5/22/05, Michael Haan <michael.haan at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I've rebuilt my myth box and I'm almost done.  However, there is
> no sound watching live tv, and myth *thinks* it's changing the
> channels, but it's not.  aplay works, and specifying ALSA:default
> seems ok with myth.  So, I'm wondering...
>
> The box has a pvr 350, and a pchdtv 3000.  I'm wondering if I've
> somehow compiled the "bad" msp3000 and a "bad" tuner into the kernel?
> I'm using 2.6.12-rc4 and I tried to enable DVB support for the
> pchdtv3000 (by building it into the kernel).  Is this possible, or is
> it something else?

Ok, I'm almost positive this is what's going on.  I played a video
from myth and the sound was just fine.  Only thing is, I'm not sure
what's causing those items to get compiled in.  DVB or V4L seems
likely, I'm just not sure.  Also not sure, if I want to use DVB going
forward, how to resolve this.  Finally, there's now a /sys/msp3000,
which I don't recall ever seeing before.