[mythtv-users] [OT] How do I downgrade QT with apt?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun May 22 02:07:43 UTC 2005

>     I have installed MythTV with Fedora FC3 ATrpms.
>
>     I don't have a keyboard on my frontend so I am a bit stuck dealing with
> the "Alt-Enter" problem with the latest version of QT on Fedora.

So how are you navigating the screens? If you have a remote, that
should work to "press" the buttons. Or if you use x11vmc you can use a
mouse from a remote PC, I believe.

>     Can anyone explain please how do I downgrade QT using apt-get?
>     Which version of QT should I go for?
>     How do I stop apt-get dist-upgrade from upgrading it again if I update
> the rest of the system?

I believe there is a way of "pinning" packages so they don't upgrade.
For example, I pinned urw-fonts by adding this to
/etc/apt/preferences:

Package: urw-fonts
Pin: version 2.1*
Pin-Priority: 1000