[mythtv-users] sound stops in the middle of 1080i (CBS) recording

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Sat May 21 22:06:39 UTC 2005

For the past couple of weeks I've been recording some shows off my
local CBS affiliate in HD vi a air2pc, a hd3000 and firewire.  In all
cases at somepoint during playback of the recording, I loose sound.
Usually what happens, is playback freezes, exits, I restart, and skip
ahead to where I was in the stream give or tak a few seconds, and the
video plays fine, just no sound.

I noticed that 0.18.1 had a fix  for live TV audio loss when viewing
mpeg2 transport streams, however since this is in recording I'm not
sure it is applicable.  I'm running 0.18.1 (self compiled) on an
Ubuntu frontend, and knoppmyth R5A15.1 on my backend.  720p programs
from ABC and fox don't suffer from this.

Has anyone else seen this?  is there a solution?

Thanks