[mythtv-users] audio sync problem under SUSE 9.2

Elvis Chen chene77 at hotmail.com
Sat May 21 02:15:27 UTC 2005

hi all,

sorry about posting what may be a trivial problem.  I know the subject of
audio-sync is being covered by the official MythTV documentation.  In it, it
is suggested to turn off arts (KDE) and use ALSA driver/mixer.  I tried it
but it does not work.

First off, my hardware:
A7S8X-MX with onboard sound
  - SoundMax, supported by AC'97
ATI TV-wonder
  - the internal audio output is connected to the on-board AUX sound input
by a 4-pin (CDROM audio) cable

I have set up MythTV correctly.  The problem I'm having is that the audio is
out of sync from the video.

I understand what the problem is, I just don't know how to fix it under Suse
9.2.  If I disable arts (through Control Center->Sound & Multimedia->Sound
System, I lose ALL sound, even when KMIX is running.

If I left arts running, and use KMIX to *disable* AUX input (dark green
light) and enable AUX input recording (bright red light), I get no sound for
TV at all.

if I enable both AUX input/recording, I get sound, but out of sync from the
video.

Can anyone with a SUSE 9.2 setup shed some light into how to fix this
problem?

TIA,