[mythtv-users] IR receiver help

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Sat May 21 01:40:46 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 08:17:40PM -0500, Dan H Orlic wrote:
> The last thing I need before jumping into mythtv is an IR receiver.
> I have two PVR-150 which does not have an IR receiver.
>
> My questions is, does anyone have a suggestion for a serial IR
> receiver that I can purchase that will work with these cards?  I'd
> rather not build one, I am all thumbs when it comes to soldering.

eBay "TekGems" store.

search for Packard Bell FastMedia remote or Winamp remote

There's also a Creative remote + receiver.

You'll get an IR receiver + remote control for like $15. You can throw
away the remote control and get a nicer one.

You could also go for wireless keyboard IR receiver and not deal with
LIRC, but you already mentioned you wanted a serial IR receiver.

--Rob