[mythtv-users] Re: Closed captioning support

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Sat May 21 00:17:34 UTC 2005

> > or show subtitles to a movie in another language from possibly - maybe
> > even do realtime translation
> >
> > CC data could provide the elusive synchronization link for many types
> > of other critic or commentary data (think DVD director's commentary)
> > from external sources - CC data should be like a reliable video
> > timestamp regardless of where the program is shown, how it is recorded
> > (as long as CC data is included), when the recording starts/stops, and
> > what speed it is played back at.
>
> Are you being cute, or did you not know I blogged about this recently?

I hadn't read your blog unil just now. ref:
http://ideas.4brad.com/archives/000200.html#more .

I did read this about Social PVRs:
http://www.pvrblog.com/pvr/2005/03/social_pvrs.html
and had a hard time understanding how it would be possible to sync
recordings broadcast in different areas with different start and
endtimes.

you know... closed captioning could also be used as a key to help
enable the elusive distributed commercial cutlist system :)

by the way... TVWish is great! My hard drives runneth over with great
movies just waiting to be watched.

-Ross