[mythtv-users] Jarod - Here's Your Chance (AKA - Distro Cage Match)

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri May 20 21:31:30 UTC 2005

On Friday 20 May 2005 07:57, Michael Haan wrote:
> Here's the thing.  It's all
> working just fine on 2.6.9 (including mythmusic).  But I got an HDTV
> and a pchdtv3000 to go with it.  Getting that to work has been
> troublesome.  Now, for various other reasons, I've wanted to upgrade
> the kernel in the past.  But, everytime I do, I run into an issue with
> sata_nv hanging.  I've opened a bug against the kernel for that.  But
> now, with kernel support built-in for the 3000, I *really* want to
> upgrade.  But, in researching the sata_nv bug, I've noticed that
> nvidia networking (previously working via forcedeth) and mvidia
> graphics (via the nvidia drivers) don't work.  So, rahter than
> continuing to hit my head against the wall, I thought I'd put it out
> there and see who knows how to make this work.

Odd. I've got no such issues with a pretty new 2.6.11 kernel on my own nForce4
board (also sata_nv, forcedeth, nvidia driver for a GF6600GT, etc). Not that
knowing that helps you out any though... Not sure what to tell you on that
one. Any BIOS updates available for your board that might help?

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...