[mythtv-users] HD-3000 - Debian modprobe.conf Equivalent?

Patrick Kirchner obecalp at ameritech.net
Fri May 20 13:57:27 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm preparing my machine for the arrival of my HD-3000 card.  :)

A script that comes with the HD-3000 software adds the necessary lines to
the modprobe.conf file, but Debian doesn't use that file.

I am hoping that a Debian user out there could share with me the Debian
equivalent to these lines in a normal modprobe.conf file.

install cx88-atsc /sbin/modprobe cx8800;/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
cx88-atsc
install cx88-dvb /sbin/modprobe cx8800;/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
cx88-dvb
install btcx-risc /sbin/modprobe tuner;/sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
btcx-risc

Past experience tells me I can't simply stick those three lines into
/etc/modprobe.d/alias and expect it to work, but maybe I'm wrong?

I am still having problems wrapping my brain around the modprobe.d method
and would greatly appreciate some knowledgeable insight regarding the
changes needed for HD-3000 support.

Many thanks,

Patrick.