[mythtv-users] stuttering playback with MythTV EPIA-M/networked

Paul Bender pbender at qualcomm.com
Fri May 20 12:44:26 UTC 2005

Thomas Aeby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use MythTV in a configuration where the backend is
> running on a central "media server" and playback goes via network on
> mythfrontend running on an VIA EPIA based box.
>
> Unfortunately playback on the VIA based box is stuttering, thus it plays
> well for half a second or so, then stops for 1/3 second (video and
> sound), then plays for another half a second, stutters again ...
>
> Don't take "0.5 second" and 1/3 second for exact figures ...

What hardware (e.g. VIA EPIA M10000), network (e.g. 100Mbps full duplex
switched Ethernet), and software (e.g., MythTV 0.18.1, FC3, most recent
Open Source Unichrome drivers) are you using?

Have you tried MiniMyth <http://linpvr.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=348>?

Since I am heading out on vacation, I may not be around when you respond.