[mythtv-users] OpenGL vsync problem with 0.18.1?

Harry Orenstein holists at v92net.com
Fri May 20 11:16:29 UTC 2005

On Friday 20 May 2005 12:29 am, Robert Tsai wrote:
> On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 12:04:24AM -0400, Harry Orenstein wrote:
> > Is it just me or did the configure script change from 0.18 to 0.18.1
> > so that opengl-vsync no longer configures properly?  It seems that
> > this line:
> >
> > CONFIG_DEFINES="$CONFIG_DEFINES USING_OPENGL_VSYNC"
> >
> > is missing so that the define is never set during compilation.
> > Adding it back allowed me to use opengl-vsync again.
> >
> > I haven't seen any other messages about this and it appears to be
> > the same way in cvs, so I'm guessing either I don't understand
> > something or maybe nobody else noticed this?
>
> Does ./configure --enable-opengl-vsync (or whatever the flag's name)
> not do the trick for you?
>
> --Rob

Thanks for the reply!  Nope.  Check the configure script.  Using
--enable-opengl-vsync sets the libs (-lGL -lGLU) but does not set the
defines.  If you check back to version 0.18 it used to also set the defines.
Once I added the above line to configure it works and uses opengl vsync in
mythfrontend.  Without the change it uses rtc.

-- Harry O.