[mythtv-users] OT: IR wired extenders

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Fri May 20 08:13:14 UTC 2005

Anyone have a good plan / source / suggestion for a good IR extender?

(Application: Frontend not in bedroom, TV and IR reciever in bedroom.
Make S.O. very happy)

I've tried several off the shelf products, and I seem to have waay too
much interference to get them working. I've tried several of the
integrated video/audio/IR senders with the same result. I get great
video (have a sub 2gig product, a 2.4gig product, and a 5.8ghz
product), but the IR lights seem to stay on solid and broadcast all
kinds of "noise" which makes it impossible to use a remote.

Upon looking closer at the video senders, none of them send IR over
the same frequency / channel as the video/audio. They all use a 2nd
set of xmitters in some low band, where I still get interfered with.

My house is Cat6 wired so I'm tempted to find some way to just carry
the IR directly.

Thoughts? What are others doing? I'd rather not spend $2-300 on some
high end setup to just carry IR 75 feet.