[mythtv-users] VGA to Component on WEGA

Barry Jett bjett80 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 16:52:57 UTC 2005

On 5/19/05, Eric Jensen <eric at emstraffic.com> wrote:
> Barry Jett wrote:
>
> >Eric,
> >
> >I looked up my purchase of the hdmi to dvi-d cable.  I purchased the
> >premium cable
> >from pccables.com for $34.00 .  They have good pictures of the cable
> >ends .  Just
> >FYI, I was pleased with the service from pccables.com and the cable.
> >It has gold
> >plated pins and looks fairly rugged.
> >
> >Barry
> >

> I'll look into this, but I don't think I have that kind of connector on
> my WEGA as it isn't HDTV compatible.  It's good quality and has
> component video, but not HDTV at all.  Maybe that is part of my
> problem?  Most of the guides I ran into were for HDTV compatible WEGAs.
>
> Eric

Eric,

My mistake....I have a KV-32HS420 and mis-read yours to be the same.

Given that, I wonder if the component input to a standard television still
requires tri-level sync ?

I seem to recall looking at my dvd player component output ( which isn't
high def) and seeing this tri-level sync as well.  Don't hold me to that, since
it's been awhile, but I would want to confirm this sync issue first.

You might check out www.avsforum.com .  I spent a lot of time there and
I also spent a lot of time experimenting with "Powerstrip"  on a windows box.
In fact, I was able to get a picture in Linux using the modelines from
Powerstrip
but the picture was too unstable to use ( due to the lack of tri-level sync).

Best of luck.

Barry