[mythtv-users] PVR-250 / IVTV brightness problems

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu May 19 16:45:05 UTC 2005

vala ki wrote:

> I'm having serious problems with colors on my PVR-250. All bright
> spots are super bright and contrast is way too much...
> Tried to adjust color settings from inside mythtv, but i'm unable to
> compensate this issue with them.

Have you tried playing the video on some computer other than your Myth
box?  Do you get the same effect there?

If the problem only appears on your Myth box, it's most likely your
playback (Xv) brightness/contrast/color/hue settings on your Myth box.
To fix them, see "F" at http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.1 .

If the problem exists on the other computer, it's probably the recording
brightness/contrast/color/hue settings.  To fix them, see "G" at
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.1 or use
MythWeb|Settings|Channels to reset them--mine all show 32768 and I've
never modified them.

HTH.

Mike