[mythtv-users] Problem upgrading to 0.18.1 from 0.18 - Stuttering

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Thu May 19 15:10:02 UTC 2005

Something changed between the release versions 0.18.1 and 0.18 that
causes audio and video to pause every ten seconds or so briefly.
Reverting back to 0.18 immediately fixed it.  Settings-wise, nothing
at all changed.  The only thing I can think that may be causing it is
that by default 0.18 compiled with march=pentiumpro and 0.18.1
compiled with march=athlon.

My system is an athlon-xp mobile 2400+ with a old Hauppauge WinTV-FM
(bt848) card in it.  I'm recompiling from yesterday's cvs now with
pentiumpro manually set, but haven't gotten a chance to test it
because my wife seems to think going to work is more important than
getting the tv to work right (who can fathom the female mind).

Ordinarily, I'd just stick with .18, especially since 0.16 worked well
for me until a week or two ago, but I kinda jumped the gun and paid
for LxM before I bothered to be sure 0.18.1 would work. Any additional
things to look for that may have changed between these releases would
be helpful.

Thank you,
Ryan