[mythtv-users] Good IR reciever for MythTV control that works with IR repeaters?

Brian McCrary bmccrary at shcircuit.com
Thu May 19 03:13:28 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to find a good IR reciever that works with an IR repeater
network.  I have some Niles IR sensors, and have tried using a USB-UIRT2
but it only works when I'm aiming the remote right at it, but not
through the repeater (all the normal stuff works fine with it though,
just not the USB-UIRT2).  I believe this is because it only supports raw
mode.  Anyone out there know of a good IR reciever that will work with a
repeater network so I can control my frontend in another room?  I'm
willing to build one, just not sure what would work, after having tried
a couple and being out of luck.

Brian