[mythtv-users] Remote sends command twice

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Wed May 18 22:09:04 UTC 2005

Michael T. Dean wrote:
  > Yeah.  My reply was aimed at the OP.  In your case, something different
> is likely happening.  I also use the ATI Remote Wonder for my system,
> and I, too, am plagued by the remote's equivalent of "double-clicks."
> In the case of the "mouse cursor" (which I use as buttons, not as a
> mouse), I'm pretty certain the cause is its analog nature--i.e. I try to
> hit down, but instead hit down|right-down|down, so the extra different
> key means it's not a "multiple keypress."

hmm, not sure, i usually either don't use the "mouse cursor" or use it
as a mouse ...

> As for the other buttons, I'm not sure what's happening.  I'm starting
> to think it may have something to do with the remote's only sending the
> signal when the button is pressed firmly--meaning that if I press the
> button enough for it to send and my finger wiggles enough to cause an
> on-off-on, LIRC may detect that the timing is not right for a remote's
> sending a repeat and assumes I just hit the button twice...  Of course,
> this is all conjecture with no evidence to support it, so...

that's what i thought, but i have done my best to be extremely careful
about how i press and it doesn't seem to make a difference ...
strangely, it seems that it most likely does it when the ending screen
is the shutdown screen ... and i can reproduce that quite often ...

and for me, it's only the power button that does it :S

> Neither do I, but  then again, I just recently upgraded to 0.7.0 final
> and haven't had time to play with the new stuff, yet.  So, maybe we both
> should have it...  I plan to play around with repeat, delay, and
> min_repeat.  I'll let you know if I improve things...

i did with some things (since my 4yo son was having a hell of a time
navigating the menus in Monsters, Inc. with the repeat rate too fast)

> (BTW, did your 0.7.0pre lircd.conf stop working with 0.7.0 final?  I had
> to re-program my remote with irrecord because all the codes changed... ???)

not positive on that, but i *think* it did ... something about the
prefix, not the entire number, iirc, but i did that around the time of
changing from kernel-2.4.x to kernel-2.6.x ... will soon (hopefully) be
reinstalling that machine with gentoo instead, so i'll get to try a lot
of this stuff from scratch (well, obviously i'll back up settings, but i
may see if starting clean w/ lirc stuff helps my case any)

-g-