[mythtv-users] Greater Toronto Area

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed May 18 20:39:06 UTC 2005

Ian Trider wrote:

>On 5/18/05, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
>

>>On 18-May-05, at 11:50 AM, Chris Clarke wrote:
>>

>>>with one small problem, CBC (channel 6 on cogeco in Oakville) doesn't
>>>seem to record audio.  Anyone else in the area with the same problem
>>>(and hopefully a fix :)
>>>

>FWIW, to chime in with the other folks' here in the GTA, I receive
>CBLT (CBC Toronto) via aerial on channel 5 and there is absolutely no
>problem with my PVR-250 and PVR-350 recording off it.  Perhaps the
>signal that CBLT is providing to the cable providers is not entirely
>kosher..?  The problem wouldn't crop up in digital cable because the
>signal is digitized (and, I'm guessing, passed through a time base
>corrector to iron out any problems before the digitization step), not
>
>merely retransmitted.

Another data point: CBC Channel 6 on Rogers/Brampton (non-digital cable)
does not appear to have a problem, or I would know about it, since I
record Corrie St. as well. I too have dual 250's, and have never had a
recording with no sound. Could it be that the second recording (when you
have something else recording as weel, is recording on a 250 that is
having problems? i.e. can you verify that the sound problem either does
or does not follow the card it's recorded with?

Tom