[mythtv-users] Feature request: backwards compatability

David Shay david at shay.net
Wed May 18 14:22:48 UTC 2005

&& make install we do emerge -u mythtv :)

You could use some of the emerge flags mentioned earlier (usepkg, etc.), but
you can also almost exactly replicate the steps above by using the ebuild
command.  These could be scripted, obviously...

ebuild /usr/portage/media-tv/mythtv/mythtv-0.18.ebuild setup
ebuild /usr/portage/media-tv/mythtv/mythtv-0.18.ebuild fetch
ebuild /usr/portage/media-tv/mythtv/mythtv-0.18.ebuild unpack
ebuild /usr/portage/media-tv/mythtv/mythtv-0.18.ebuild compile

Then, to actually install them, another script to do:

ebuild /usr/portage/media-tv/mythtv/mythtv-0.18.ebuild install
ebuild /usr/portage/media-tv/mythtv/mythtv-0.18.ebuild qmerge