[mythtv-users] Dying Backend

Ryan Pisani mythtv at frouse3.homelinux.com
Wed May 18 14:21:48 UTC 2005

Just out of curiosity -- what kind of chipset do you have on your
motherboard?  I had a hell of time keeping mythbackend running when I had
a via board running Fedora. I actually wrote a perl script to monitor my
backend ever 10 seconds and start it up when it hung or died. Turned out a
new board (non-via) was all I needed to fix the issue. Apparently a DMA
compatibility was to blame with some Via chipsets.

regards,
Ryan