[mythtv-users] Myth suite install .18.1- working?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:46:11 UTC 2005

On 5/18/05, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a little confused as to whether the myth suite install for .18.1
> is working? I've seen that there were some package issues being
> posted. Can anyone confirm that it is or isn't working thanks.
>
> Axel, you rock!
>
> If I wanted to install anearlier version of Myth how would I go about this?
>
> # apt-get install myth-suite .17
>
> I'm worried about installing .18.1 it seems there are issues coming
> out of the woodwork any recomendations?

You can use:

apt-get install mythtv-suite=0.17

which should install the 0.17 version of MythTV. I'm now running
version 0.18.1 (upgraded from 0.16) with only very minor annoyances
now (live tv sound being one) but everything else seems very stable.

When upgrading, I didn't use the mythtv-suite metapackage but instead
ran apt-get and the 7 key myth packages on the same install line.

Nick