[mythtv-users] Palm video from mythtv nuv -> TCPMP

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 18 05:53:10 UTC 2005

Tom Lichti wrote:

> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> scunacc wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone a suggestion for converting a .nuv file to use with the Core
>>> Pocket Media Player on a Palm?
>>>
>>> I've played with various conversion programs but can't get the audio
>>> sync'ed back up with the video if I extract with avidemux2 for example
>>> and recombine with mplex.
>>
>> I'm assuming you're using a PVR-x50.  If so, see:
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/128948#128948 ,
>> specifically Nick's suggestion (ProjectX).
>>
>>> Command line programs would be fine (preferred).
>>
>> Unfortunately no one has been able to find a "traditional"
>> command-line *nix application that will fix the sync to account for
>> changing A/V sync within the IvyTV recordings (or, at least, if they
>> have found one, they haven't told anyone on the IvyTV list :).
>
> Yes they have...
>
> <quote>
> So now onto how to do this in command line: It turns
> out ProjectX has a CLI (command line interface).  It's
> a little tricky to figure out, but this now works
> great for me:
>
> java -jar <compiled_projectX_file> -c
> <projectX_ini_file> -n <output_stream_basename> -o
> <dir_to_put_streams> <input_nuv_file>

By "traditional" command-line *nix application, I meant an application
that's easily called from a script and allows the use of pipelining (see
http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/ch01s06.html#id2877684 in ESR's The Art of
Unix Programming--full book at http://www.faqs.org/docs/artu/ ).  Given
that definition, ProjectX does not fit the bill.  However, it works--and
seems to be the only program known to work--which is why I recommended
it and recommended reading the thread from which you pulled the above
quote.  I was hoping that the OP would find enough info there to make
his/her own decisions.

Mike