[mythtv-users] $80 Air2PC cards (Rev 0.2?)

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed May 18 00:30:09 UTC 2005

Blammo wrote:

>Anyone seen (and bought) one of these?
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3761&item=5195966400&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
>
>I'm curious if anyone has one working in a myth box? I'm a little wary
>given the verbage about "updated tuners"...
>
>I need another tuner with all the finale's coming, and $80 is cheaper
>than a single PVR-250 or PVR-500.
>
>Thoughts?

Yes, I saw them a couple of weeks ago.  Looks they they haven't been a
hot seller.

These use an older tuner.  I don't have one so can't tell you if it is
supported or not.  Whether the older tuner is a big deal for you depends
on whether multi-path is an issue in your area and if you want to mess
with making sure the Linux drivers support it.

--
David

HDTV frontend I'm working on (pictures, mythmon source)
  http://mythhd.info