[mythtv-users] Backend Dies

Thomas Koschate koschate at omasko.com
Wed May 18 00:21:34 UTC 2005

Ed Hills wrote:

> My latest challenge is that the backend starts, then after I start the
> frontend, it fails to connect and kills the backend.
>
> Mythtv 0.18
>
> Any thoughts

I'm seeing a similar behavior after every day after the listings have
been updated.  If I start the front-end from a command line, I see error
messages because the front-end is trying to update the database schema
by adding columns that already exist.  If I manually delete the columns,
the front-end starts up, and is fine until the next listings update.
I'd love some guidance on this one!