[mythtv-users] Volume Control for intel8x0 on FC2

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue May 17 14:45:26 UTC 2005

On Friday 06 May 2005 10:26, Ryan Pisani wrote:
> Hello --
> I'm wondering if anyone can help with this. I've recently picked up a
> pair
> of nice speakers to use with Mythtv and I was hoping to move away from
> using the television for volume control.  However I tested my alsa
> sound
> control and apparently I've got something off. The keyboard controls
> show
> that the volume is adjusting on screen -- yet nothing happens.
> Apparently
> the only thing that does work is mute, or if I slide the volume
> control
> all the way down -- it mutes. I've tried using alsamixer and stock
> mixer
> and the PCM only mutes / unmutes.   I upgraded alsa to the most recent
> version with no help.  I've seen some archived threads regarding this
> --
> but I've never actually seen a solution. The motherboard is Nforce2
> based
> chipset.

I have the same problem with my Nforce2 sound.  Didn't make a difference
whether I used ALSA's intel8x0 driver or Nvidia's binary one.  I can't
get the mixer slider to make any difference in the sound output level.
Others on this list have reported the same thing.  This is with a
Chaintech 7NIF2 mobo.

-JAC