[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.18.1 release -- THANK YOU

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue May 17 05:40:35 UTC 2005

On 5/16/05, Joe Barnhart <joebarnhart at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>
> > The MythTV 0.18.1 release is now official. Get it while its hot.
>
> A big THANK YOU for taking this on, Jerod.  This is a Really Good Thing
> for MythTv.  Having been bitten by "small" bugs in previous releases, I
> can say this will increase user satisfaction in Myth a LOT.  (Yeah, I
> know, I can hear the chorus now... "by developers, for developers" but
> users are people too!)
>
> This is exactly what Cecil Watson (KnoppMyth) and other providers need
> -- an increasingly stable platform on which to base their
> distributions.  I know Cecil is planning to use this 18.1 release in
> his next alpha.
>
> Thanks once more!

I'd just like to say a big thanks too, to *all* involved. The two
biggest eye-candy upgrades for me so far are MythWeb, which looks *so*
much sleeker now, and the MythCenter theme, which is very sweet.

Hopefully by the end of today, I'll have another frontend and a slave
backend up and running properly - just spent a while in the database
trying to work out how my cards, channels and  recordings are all
related.

Thanks again,
Nick