[mythtv-users] Browse mode showing many channels not available on source input

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue May 17 05:09:25 UTC 2005

(The first of probably a few emails to fix the couple of niggles I've
got after an all-nighter upgrading all my machines to 0.18.1)

When watching LiveTV and using browse mode, I am getting far too many
channels for the regular OTA tuner source on my PVR350 card. This
source is setup (and confirmed in channels table) to have only 5
channels configured. However, browse mode shows ALL channels that are
configured fot the cable box, also connected to the 350 via composite.

Is this a bug, or a feature? On my DVB card, only the channels
configured for the DVB card show up, which is as I expect. As these
'extra' channels are not available on the tuner, I am thinking they
should not be showing up when I am watching that particular input. (My
thinking also arrived at the fact that maybe all channels on al inputs
on the same capture card are shown when browsing any input source on
the card)

Any ideas folks?

Cheers,
Nick