[mythtv-users] PVR350 recording issues

Mike Geisterfer m.geisterfer at sympatico.ca
Tue May 17 01:11:03 UTC 2005

At 2005/05/16 - 04:54 PM, you wrote:
>Mike Geisterfer wrote:
>

> > Here's an interesting problem.
> >
> > Did a search (Google and myth users) but no joy....
> >
> > I moved my MythBox (mythtv 0.18/ivtv 0.2.0rc3j)  from development to
> > production (office to Home theatre area)
> >
> > The PVR-350 (tuner 0) has a "wave" through the picture (Only in Live
> > TV and recording), It looks like signal strength issues but if I
> > change to tuner 2 (PVR-250) it's clear.  The picture is clear on
> > MythTv menus. (I use the 350 to output to TV).
> >
> > I've checked the cabling to the cards, no change ... It seems to be
> > the card.
> >
> > So the PVR-350 records like crap and the -250 is great..
> >
> > Hardware
> >     ASUS -A7VN8X-VM/400
> >     AMD Sempron 3000+ (I know overKill - xine dvd playback)
> >     PVR-350 (Problem Child)
> >     PVR-250
> >     Linksys WMP54G
> >
> > Software
> >     Installed with Jarod's Guide
> >     Apt-get to the latest ....
> >
> > Any suggestions.
> >
> >  Mike G.
> > Looking for Joy..........(WAF)
>

>I seemed to be having the same problem, but I have two PVR-250 cards
>that have been working perfectly for over a year now. The first 'tuner
>0' picture is like you mentioned, waving and looks as the the signal
>strenght is low. I tried changing cable feeds and even swapped the pci
>slots, but I still have the same trouble. I upgrading the ivtv driver as
>well but that didn't help either... It seems weird that it would
>suddenly start giving me trouble, makes me wonder if the card's tuner is
>failing?
>
>Greg

This is weird, Saturday it had "waves", I left the box on for the past 2
days, and now all is good.
No waves on either tuner..... I did disassemble my HT system, and am in the
process of reassembling it.
(Relocating gear, amps etc). Could this be interference from one of the
cables or poor shielding on a piece of gear?

Tivo
DVD Player
Pre-Amp
AMP (x2)
XBOX
CD Player
Xantech IR System

Will keep the group updated, if it shows up again....

HUH?

Mike G.
(Still Lost)