[mythtv-users] Streaming mpeg4 with mythstreamtv

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon May 16 22:10:42 UTC 2005

If MPEG4 streamed OK, I guess there is just some tweaking of the
mythstreatv code to get it to read videos too.  Sweet.

I am curios, when you stream mmpeg4 files, does it use as much CPU as
when it is transcoding MPEG2 to MPEG4 on the fly?  I doubt it would,
but this would be a great reason for me to set up the transcoding
feature =D

Whytey

On 5/17/05, Bob Cottingham <bob at bobnvic.com> wrote:
> I've read several times that mythstreamtv only works with mpeg1/2 files,
> however mpeg4 nuv files were added to VLC cvs a couple months ago. I
> finally got around to installing mythstreamtv and used the recently
> released vlc-0.8.2-test1 version. Following the postings on the list, it
> was actually easier than I was expecting.
>
> I had no trouble streaming both my mpeg2 files from my PVR-250 or the
> transcoded mpeg4 files over the internet. Everything worked great!
>
> Now if we could add streaming of our MythVideo files...
>
> Thanks for the great feature!
>
> Bob C

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.