[mythtv-users] mythtools v0.2

Mat Mrosko myth.mrosko at gmail.com
Mon May 16 20:37:54 UTC 2005

> as usual, i'm open to features, bug fixes, patches en so on.

I know absolutely no perl, otherwise I'd toss a patch for this
suggestion, but I think it would be great if you stripped the white
space from the end of the "Description" field... I'm running this on
my Simpsons Episodes, and I've noticed there's a good 20-40 characters
of whitespace at the end of some of them... I guess I'm nit-picky like
that... :)  Plus, I'm not sure if there's whitespace before, but in
the MythVideo setup interface, the plot looks like it starts one line
below... There is also a newline at the beginning after checking via
mysql directly... the "edit" in mythweb did not show it, but it is

If anybody knows how to do a little text processing using perl/mysql,
and can throw together something to go through the database, select
all plots, and remove whitespace before and after, and put it back in,
that would be awesome too!