[mythtv-users] Time Warner & Firewire

Nathan Poznick kraken at wang-fu.org
Mon May 16 18:17:55 UTC 2005

Thus spake Brad Templeton:
> Most people are reporting their boxes are not doing this, is anybody
> finding that they are?  For example, my tv has a 1394 port on it.  If
> I had digital cable I could plug the firewire port into that and it should
> get the video even if the copy protection is in place, but mythtv would
> not get it.

Mine is.  The local cable company started blocking out capture on the HD
channels about a month and a half ago.  The SD channels still capture
fine, but I think they enabled 5C on the HD channels.  It's highly
annoying, since they're even doing it on the over-the-air local
stations.

--
Nathan Poznick <kraken at wang-fu.org>

A hug may warm the soul, but a kiss steals it.