[mythtv-users] Debian install: MySQL problem

Tim tim.hoebeek at gmail.com
Mon May 16 14:39:13 UTC 2005

> > > What happens if you put localhost.localdomain (as that's what the
> > > error message implies your connecting as) in the host
> > column instead
> > > of just localhost?
> >
> > I changed all records with host=localhost to
> > localhost.localdomain, but still it doesn't make any
> > difference... The error doesn't change either...
> >

> Sorry, I didn't see the original thread, but if you change host to %,
> you should be able to connect from anywhere.  This could be a security
> issue, but it may help you isolate the problem.

Thanks for the tip.

Strange enough, I still get the same error, so the problem can only be
caused by the login/password combination, I guess.
This is what I currently have:

In MySQL
+--------+------------------+------------------+
| host   | user             | password         |
+--------+------------------+------------------+
| %      | root             | ***              | - 1
| pcname | root             | ***              | - 2
| %      |                  |                  | - 3
| pcname |                  |                  | - 4
| %      | debian-sys-maint | ***              | - 5
| %      | mythtv           | ***              | - 6

In /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt:
same login and password as in row 6

dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database:
same login and password as in row 1 and 2

Are there any other places where login/password combinations can be stored?

Thanks,
Tim