[mythtv-users] Debian install: MySQL problem

Tim tim.hoebeek at gmail.com
Mon May 16 12:38:38 UTC 2005

> > Failed to connect to database: Host 'localhost.localdomain' is not
> > allowed to connect to this MySQL server at -e line 5, <> line 1.
>
> Well there's your problem, always pays to actually read the error message ;)

I agree, but I don't quite understand :-(

Since I've got the following accounts in mysql.user:
+-----------+------------------+------------------+
| host      | user             | password         |
+-----------+------------------+------------------+
| localhost | root             | ***              |
| stewie    | root             | ***              |
| localhost |                  |                  |
| stewie    |                  |                  |
| localhost | debian-sys-maint | ***              |
| localhost | mythtv           | ***              |
+-----------+------------------+------------------+
I don't know why it wouldn't be possible to connect from localhost.
I'm doing the same when starting the mysql client, no?

> Check if skip-networking is present in your my.cnf, looking at mine I have:
>
> #
> # Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on
> # localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.
> bind-address            = 127.0.0.1

I have exactly the same...

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,