[mythtv-users] Time Warner & Firewire

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Mon May 16 01:38:25 UTC 2005

Tom E. Craddock Jr. wrote:
> When I say local office, I mean the office where you can pay your bill,
> and they should also have hardware (cable boxes, DVRs, Cable Modems etc)
> there as well.  If no one at the counter can help you (which they wont),
> tell them youll be sitting in thier lobby and they need to find someone
> that knows what your talking about, as if they dont you will be filing a
> complaint with the FCC for non-conformance; make sure you mention once
> again theyve had almost a year since the regulation when into effect. If
> the office youve been going to is no help, they SHOULD have another
> office somewhere in your area.  Either go to one of them, or call them up.

I've heard something about the existence of an FCC rule to the effect that
cable companies should've had FireWire-compatible boxes long ago, but when I
went to a Cox office a couple of months ago, the people at the counter had no
idea what I was talking about.  It was a branch office in downtown Henderson,
NV, which might have had something to do with it.  I might have better luck at
their main office (the main office is closer to home, but the branch office was
closer to work), but if I head down there to swap out this box (it has a couple
of FireWire ports on the back, but they don't work), is there something
somewhere I can print out to get a fire lit under them if they balk again at
coughing up a FireWire box?

  _/_