[mythtv-users] PVR350 No more stalling, almost

Lego Andy andy at x0.org
Sun May 15 14:18:54 UTC 2005

Hi All,

So, as described previously, I have Myth setup on Debian testing using
PVR350 and IVTV 0.2.0 (rc3j). Full description of my setup is here:
http://x0.org/mwk/index.php/MythTV .

Here is the output of ivtv:
http://x0.org/mwk/index.php/MythTV#My_last_IVTV_output

Things seems to work mostly. Shows are getting recorded, I can watch
live tv, etc, but if I watch the show for a while, the playing will
lock. It seems that rewinding make it lock sooner, but I did not prove
this yet. Sometimes after it locks, I can recover by doing some
rewinding or to stop playing and start again. That said, sometimes I
have to reboot the system. Restarting frontend and backend does not do
the trick.

I tried multiple IVTV version including several 0.2.0 and 0.3.0 and same
results.

To make things work, I disabled playing via PVR350 output. This makes
myth stop locking, but the picture quality is worse. Also there are
refreshing artifacts, I assume from lower refresh rate.

So, any ideas? I would like to get things working before I invest into
another PVR250.

Thank you.

       Andy