[mythtv-users] Pundit-R build problems.

Chris Martin council.tax at gmail.com
Sun May 15 09:53:01 UTC 2005

> The current 8.12.10 driver is easily hackable (I'm using PAL-I output
> over S-Video, 800x600) to get a steady TV-Out signal instead of the
> triple-stacked picture you get without the fix. However, I have got an
> annoying vertical band of interference (moves left to right at about
> 1Hz) using this driver currently (not sure if it needs a dedicated
> modeline to fix this) and so hope ATI finally pull their socks up and
> release a non-crippled driver for the Pundit-R userbase.
>
> For details of the hacks and other useful info, check out
> www.rage3d.com and their linux driver forum.

Have you managed to get the picture to fill your entire Tv Screen?
I'm also running 800x600 with PAL-I (on a 4:3 TV though as opposed to
16:9) and I can only get the picture to fill up about 90% of the
screen in the vertical direction. It's not so bad for normal Tv, but
for 2.33:1 movies its pretty annoying.

As a side issue I don't see the vertical band interference that you
mention, and my TV-OUT is pretty good, if a little flickery.  I'm just
using the standard xorg.conf file produced by fglrxconfig, with some
alterations for vertical alignment.

Chris