[mythtv-users] XvMC in preview?

Michael Carland mcarland at bitsgonewild.net
Sun May 15 00:50:51 UTC 2005

On May 14, 2005, at 7:22 PM, Örn Einar Hansen wrote:

> Şann Sunnudagur 15 maí 2005 01:24 skrifaği Michael Carland:
>> Howdy.
>>
>> I'm running .18 with XvMC (EPIA), mpeg2 all the way through. When I
>> watch live TV, cpu usage is about 15-20%, and all is well. Live TV in
>> the EPG and prerecorded TV is the same.
>>
>> But when I am seeing a video preview under Watch Recordings, cpu is
>> about 95%, and the preview is very skittery. I assume this is because
>> the preview video is not using XvMC?
>>
>> Is this true? Is there another solution? If it is true, is there a
>> technical reason the preview doesn't use XvMC, or has it just not been
>> done yet, and is something I could look into fixing?
>>
>   Did you remember to modify the "mplayer" playback command, to
> include '-vo
> xvmc -vc ffmpeg12mc" ?

I may be misunderstanding what you are suggesting, but I think you are
referring to MythVideo video playback, which is working fine for me. I
am talking about the small preview window of the recorded programs.
Even here, the actual playback is fine, it is only the preview that
chews through cpu and looks poor. Media Library->Watch Recordings.

Turning on "CPU friendly preview of recordings" helps, as it then only
uses 60% cpu. But since all other display of video only uses 20%, and
this is the only display that has tearing and uses 95% (or 60%) cpu,
I'm thinking the preview is not using XvMC like the others.

-Michael