[mythtv-users] problem with HD3000 and channel setup

Howard Cokl hojoloco at yahoo.com
Sat May 14 19:37:42 UTC 2005

--- Mitko Haralanov <voidtrance at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 May 2005 13:46:54 -0400
> Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Once you get that working, I think somewhere in
> the Channel Editor of
> > mythtv-setup is a place to tell your DVB card to
> auto-scan for
> > signals.
>
> I got the azap tool to work and it got the channels
> from antennaweb.
> Basically, I did everything that the guide in the
> URL asked for. Then I
> moved on to the next guide (there was a link on the
> page you sent me)
> but that second guide is terrible.
>
> In any case, I tried doing my best but I still get
> the same errors!
>
> I would really appreciate it if someone that already
> has the hd3000
> working with OTA antenna posts the steps that are
> needed to set it up?
>
> Thanx
>
> --
> Mitko Haralanov

What I did was setup a differnet listing at zap2it for
my OTA channels (my other card is a pvr250 connected
to my direcTV box).  Then in mythtv-setup I assigned
the OTA lineup to the HD3K and then went into channel
editor and had it scan for channels.  Later after
running mythfilldatabase I edited the OTA channels and
added the xmlid to the scanned channels and marked the
zap2it channels invisible.  I'm pretty sure this is in
the forums, here is a thread that discusses it, I'm
sure there are more.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/121774?#121774
Howard