[mythtv-users] OT: Seagate 200gig IDE, $60 -- REBATE FRAUD

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Sat May 14 15:27:28 UTC 2005

>         A lot of places try to weasel out of paying rebates, either by
> "forgetting," or making some bogus claim about you filling something
> improperly.  I always make a copy of all the materials I sent in in case
> there a contest.  Since you mailed the submission in, it's a federal
> offense of mail fraud if they did not pay when you honored all the details
> of the rebate.  Tell that to the guy on the phone and they'll send it.
>
> -Cory

Yeah, all you have to do is call the number on your rejection card,
they just ok it. I had a rebate that I sent in a month late before, so
it got rejected. I called the number and told them that the deadline
was different on the form I had, so they said "oh, ok, we'll send it".
The key is to follow up and make sure to keep records.

 - Jeff